Wednesday 30 September 2009

Greetings...


Over the Summer, whilst spending time in the Lake District at my Dads, I filled my evenings of no TV or Internet by making Greetings cards of all kinds.

This is a Thankyou card I made for my Dad for buying me my B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L desktop Mac. It was a very happy day.



The top image is the inside of the card, the bottom is the front, just saying thank you to my Dad for letting us stay in his flat for seven weeks... I wanted to use my calligraphy pen but illustrate colloquial language.

This was my Dads birthday card, its very personal as he loves the Penguins in Madagascar, is nicknamed 'Pikey' and has always wanted a Pig Farm... so i incorporated all these into one card.

This was the Fathers Day card I made a while ago, one of the first attempts at card making and I hope I have definitely improved since!

This was the card I made for my Dads friend Sally, for her 40th Birthday. It took me a reaaaally long time as I had a fine line pen for the details which I then had to go round again in gold. The detail was tiny and very time consuming but I am happy with the result.

I don't think this is something I can develop into my 3rd Year but it is a keen hobby. I love being crafty and I have always felt hand made cards are far more personal.


No comments:

Post a Comment