Tuesday 3 November 2009

Bonsai Birthday...



Another birthday card, this time more model less 'card' if you will.
It was my boyfriend Freddie's birthday on the 31st and I wanted to get him a bonsai tree but I am too poor, so thought I would make one instead of a card as I can hang things from it and it will last longer than a living plant. It took absolutely ages because its very fiddely but I think he likes it and I enjoyed the process. Sadly, it's too top-heavy so I have to use a twig to prop it up because I don't want to ruin the curly trunk, real bonsai-style.

I always feel the need to hang things, or draw hanging things - lanterns, bird cages, stars, lights. I think it's the festive inspiration and I will make the most of it at the moment while I can get away with it, hence why I am working on the LUSAD christmas card competition and the YCN Ted Baker brief for Autumn window decorations. No doubt that will involve some sort of hanging decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment